Following the previous "VC Video", I thought it could be better to post a slightly longer edit from the AO 2004 panel, which also features interesting comments about Europe, and encapsulates the theme more thoroughly. I also added time references with short notes.
In the meantime, the current spontaneos "Silicon Valley's secret formula" discussion gets another deep perspective, this time from Guy Kawasaki (recommended - great insights).
- 0:00-1:19 -> The Silicon Valley's Genome lies in the Culture of Entrepreneurship.
- 1:20-2:15 -> Europe's corner - mentality sometimes is different.
- 3:14-3:31 -> Europe's corner - Germany's high payroll taxes can hold back entrepreneurs.
- 3:44-4:36 -> The Hewllet-Packard's story - setting up a new company amidst the big depression (1939).
- 4:37 - 5:22 -> Japan's corner - Will senior executives leave Sony to start a new company?
Host - Jonathan Medved (then in Israel Seed Partners, now in Vringo).
Joe Schoendorf (Accel Partners), Daneil Gatti (Big Bangwidth), Kim Odhner (Orient Networks), Marie Alexander (Quova).
Overall, it's a very nice video byte, which kinda provides a nice summary on this broad subject.